International Students

Fee Structure

$12,000 + GST per annum or $300 + GST per week. An admin fee may also apply.

Each student will need to provide their own insurance.

Government regulations state that all International Students must be living with a parent while at school in New Zealand.

If you wish to enrol please contact the office on 09 8367460. There are limited places so please email the school office at [email protected] for information on availablity of placings.

Application Requirements

• Student Enrolment Form

• Copy of Passport Title Page

• Copy of Visitors Visa or Student Visa/Permit

• Passport sized photograph of student

• Verification of Travel, Fee Protection and Medical Insurance or completed Insurance Application Enrolment Application Procedure

• Upon arrival in New Zealand, the International Student’s parent/s [for Individual enrolment] or agent completes the Student Enrolment Form

• An appointment is made with the Principal to submit the application for acceptance

• Once the application has been approved and payment of fees is made, a receipt is issued with a letter to the Immigration Department for the processing of a Student Visa Conditions of Acceptance

• Summerland Primary School accepts International Student from Year 0 to Year 6.

• All International Students must be living with a parent at the time of enrolment and continue to live with a parent for the duration of their enrolment period [except in the case of Group Students]

• International Students will only be accepted if there is sufficient space available for International Students, at the relevant year level, in the school.

• All International Students attending Summerland Primary School must have Travel, Fee Protection and Medical Insurance cover for the duration of their enrolment period.

Code of Practice: Summerland Primary School has agreed to observe and abide by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education.

Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website at Full details of visa and permit requirements, rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on the website